WE ARE HIRING!
We are looking for a combined Tech Lead and Solutions Architect role, to be based in Portugal, Italy or the UK.
You will be responsible for leading a team of frontend, backend and QA specialists, being technical point of contact for our clients and third party suppliers and mentoring other developers. This is a hands-on role and you will help implement new features, liaising with other Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Product Owners and others within the business to realise the project. You will also be responsible for technical solution design, working to define the architecture for a system and technical detail to meet client-led requirements.
You should be a proactive team member, showing resourcefulness and the ability to work through challenging problems. You will be an experienced Team Lead who wants to grow and be part of a talented team of developers, to complete work of a high standard in a time sensitive environment.
Your role as a Tech Lead:
· Leading a team of Android, iOS, backend and QA specialist
· Managing CI/CD and ensuring work is deployed correctly
· Assisting Project Management team in defining priorities
· Being technical point of contact for clients and third party providers
· Actively participating in meetings where a technical contribution is needed
· Assessing quality of third party providers’ deliveries (e.g. API endpoints, SDKs)
· Helping identify problems and resolve issues
· Following company guidelines and documentation and contributing where necessary
· Improving processes and keeping up to date with technologies
Your role as a Solution Architect:
· Identifying business and technical constraints and finding solutions to the challenges.
· Defining the overall architecture and technical solutions to meet the business requirements and solve the brief.
· Assessing and evaluating the business impact of certain technical choices.
· Creating the appropriate documentation for the project that is agreed with the client and can be implemented by the development team.
· Working with the development team, answering questions, providing guidance, input and direction to the development process.
· Overseeing the development process for the solutions which you have helped design, ensuring a feedback loop to internal teams and client stakeholders.
· Ensuring that the solution implemented meets the customer requirements and is within budget.
· Presenting to management, explaining a complex problem in laymen's terms and adapting their style for different types of audiences.
· Understanding the client’s business processes in order to create a cohesive vision of a usable product. Building and integrating information systems to meet the client’s needs.
· Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and collaborating with technical staff, both within the client and the team, to recommend solutions to improve it.
· Resolving technical issues with the team, in a timely manner.
· Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
· Knowledgeable of common security vulnerabilities and how to avoid them.
· Providing updates to Project Managers and stakeholders on product development processes, costs and budgets.
· Significant experience with iOS-objective C/Swift
· Full-stack mobile development experience
· Continuous integration and deployment systems
· Have experienced the full project lifecycle, from initial implementation through to debugging live projects in the field, many times over
· Continuous Integration Systems (e.g. Jenkins, CruiseControl)
· Project build tools (e.g.Gradle)
· Common testing frameworks for unit testing, automated UI testing, API testing etc.
· Cloud based platforms such as Azure and AWS
· Analytical systems and monitoring tools such as Application Insights, CloudWatch, New Relic, Firebase
· Strong knowledge of software architecture design patterns
· Strong knowledge of common security vulnerabilities, how to prevent them, and best practices
· Experience working in Agile environment
· Have led projects from a technical perspective and mentored junior staff members
· Excellent communication skills and comfortable being client facing at times
What we offer
Nurture & development
We offer flexible working to fit your home/life balance.
25 days of R&R
Plus bank holidays and a 3-day paid office closure for Christmas
R&R is important, so we offer generous leave to ensure you can enjoy your life - because it's not all work and no play.
Reskill and upskill
When you look good, we look good. We invest in your development with a learning budget, 90-minute weekly training, and a selection of experts, content, and materials to support your growth.
Employee Assistance Programme & Mental Health First Aid
We all go through tough times. Our confidential EAP programme offers free counselling sessions for you and your family. We also have trained Mental Health First Aiders to provide a listening ear on a range of issues.
Private health and dental
We look after your health with private health cover from Vitality and dental cover from BUPA to take care of your pearly whites.
Maternity & paternity leave
We know that navigating a growing family while building a career is challenging enough.